Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:52:12PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Exactly what I said. Anything that doesn't need to be voted on is a
> proposal to maintain the status quo, no matter how many words you use
> to say it.

Um... not really.

But, ok, since you seem to want to talk purely about the details of
voting:

Status quo [the "default option"] is an option, not a proposal: there
should never be a ballot which consists solely of the default option.
[And, even if there were, that wouldn't be the typical case.]

And the default option is not even an option until after a resolution
[or amendment] is introduced.  That's because the default option is an
option on a ballot, and you don't have a ballot until after a proposal
is introduced.

So far, in this context, that hasn't happened -- and, given that you
don't seem to think your proposal has any merits worth discussing,
I don't feel that your proposal has any merits worth discussing, either.

I hope that -- if and when a proposal is introduced -- the proposer
sincerely believes that what they're proposing is a good option.

--
Raul