Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Jan 3, 2004, at 20:42, Andrew Suffield wrote:

Good grief, could you have made it any more unreadable? I thought I
already demonstrated that you could do it in about five lines and in
plain English. What's with the simulation of a 19th century
government?

Well, e.g., Raul Miller complained about the lack of a rationale. So I provided one. Feel free to only include the part after "it is resolved that."

I don't see the point in doing this now. If my proposed resolution
doesn't go through, then we can and should merely vote on it again
every few years, for as long as there is reason to think that a
significant body of developers would like to see non-free gone.

Possibly, people would like to be able to plan ahead and have some time to replace Debian's infrastructure with, say, a non-free.org.