Re: Another Non-Free Proposal

On Jan 3, 2004, at 18:00, Steve Langasek wrote:

The major effective difference in this proposal is that Sarge will
still include non-free, in order to give people plenty of time (3
years?) to migrate to free alternatives or find different hosting for
their non-free packages.

<harumph> So the palatibility of this proposal depends on the premise
that our release schedules will continue to get worse?

I'm not sure that's getting worse. How long was it between potato's release and its eventual end, remembering it remained oldstable for a while?

But, let's be honest, it'll be a while before Sarge is move to archive.d.o.