Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:43:28AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-01-03 03:05:58 +0000 Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
>
> >To summarise: "i don't want to non-free stuff on my systems, but i'm
> >not
>
> To summarise: "I don't want this GR to pass, but I'm not satisfied
> with just stating my opinion and discussing the issue - I want to make
> it a pain in the arse for everyone who wants to post disagreeing with
> me."

i bet you trained very hard to learn how to be so original.

> >and learn to mind your own business when it comes to other people's systems.
>
> I wonder whether you think only maintainers of non-free packages and the
> infrastructure should be allowed to vote on this.

no, i just don't understand why bigots have to stick their noses in to other
people's business.

it's really really simple.  if you don't want to use non-free software, then
don't.  end of story.  no need to enforce your views on everyone else, no need
to get upset if other people make different choices, just make your own choice
and mind your own business.

> Fact is, people who want non-free stuff (and DFSG-free too) already hunt in
> the contributed apt sources that you call "random collections of
> variable-quality junk." Personally, I'd like to see us deal with non-Debian
> collections better, rather than insulting them, but that's another issue.

that's another thing that pisses me off - wowsers and bigots falsely taking the
high moral ground, making patronising assertions that they're just doing it for
your own good, that they have the best interests at heart of the people they're
shafting.

at least have the guts to be honest about what you're doing.

craig