Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:38:40PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> All,
>
> <personal background>

To summarise: "i don't want to non-free stuff on my systems, but i'm not
satisfied with just deleting contrib & non-free from my /etc/apt/sources.list -
i want to make it a pain in the arse for everyone else who wants/needs stuff in
contrib or non-free".

> Here's a potentially acceptable compromise: get Bruce Perens' UserLinux /
> Xandros / Libranet/ Gibraltar/?? HP ?? to form a small non-profit venture to
> work on non-free on a non-competitive basis.

here's a better idea: delete contrib & non-free entries from your sources.list,
and learn to mind your own business when it comes to other people's systems.

that way nobody has to do anything that they don't want to do.  you don't have
to have non-free on your system, and people who need non-free stuff don't have
to hunt for it in one of several random collections of variable-quality junk.

craig