Re: Questions for all candidates

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:04:59PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Does this mean you believe it falls within the authority of the DPL to
> "mandate [a] time frame" for releases?

Well, no, not as long as we have a Release Manager -- otherwise the task
of Release Management isn't really "delegated", is it?

> Who would be bound by such a mandate, and what would be the
> consequences of failing to meet such a release deadline?

See, that's the trickiest part.  One can no more command the developers
than command the tides.  One can, however, provide irrigation channels
that make it easier for people to "flow" in certain directions, and that
is, I suspect, they key to good management -- not just in the Debian
Project but in general.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       kernel panic -- causal failure