Re: Questions for all candidates

Follow-up question (other candidates are free to respond):

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:22:53PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> > 3. We'd better release :

> >  [ ] twice a year
> >  [ ] once a year
> >  [ ] every two years
> >  [ ] always, we just throw stable away and keep a slightly modified
> >      testing as official stable

> I don't have a strong personal opinion on this.  Sorry to be so
> non-commital, but I live in Debian unstable and so the release schedule
> doesn't impact me the way it does our users.  I think it would be
> interesting to survey the developers and have some conversations with
> the Release Manager before mandating any sort of time frame.

Does this mean you believe it falls within the authority of the DPL to
"mandate [a] time frame" for releases?  Who would be bound by such a
mandate, and what would be the consequences of failing to meet such a
release deadline?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer