Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:11:55 -0500, Raul Miller <moth@magenta.com> said:

>> On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 08:21:18PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
>> > In general, people who wish to vote insincerely need to have
>> > highly accurate predictions of the outcome of the vote to make
>> > sure their insincere vote doesn't result in an outcome less
>> > desirable than a sincere vote.

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 07:28:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>> Can you support this with some references to the literature?

> Hmm.... Markus Schulze recently published a paper in "Voting
> Matters" on the efficient implementation of the voting mechanisms we
> use, which also happens to "prove that this method satisfies Pareto,
> monotonicity, resolvability, independence of clones, reversal
> symmetry, and plurality. From the definition of this method, it is
> clear that it also satisfies anonymity, neutrality, Smith-IIA, and
> Schwartz."

	Markus has kindly sent me the paper, and is distributed under
 the GPL, and it shall be part of devotee.  I can forward it on
 request to anyone on the list; you don't have to bother Markus.

	manoj
--
Some scholars are like donkeys, they merely carry a lot of books. Folk
saying