Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:58:25PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Why do you think that voting for "Remove non-free" means that we wouldn't
> continue to produce a distribution? Why do you think that ballot would be
> treated differently to:
>
> 	[   ] Remove non-free?
> 	[   ] Don't change
> 	[   ] Further discussion
>
> ?

How are the last two not effectively clones of each other?  (Let's
recall that there's no practical way "Don't change" can mean "stop
discussion".  People will either shut up of their own accord or they
won't.)

If they are clones of each other, does the Cloneproof technique perceive
that?

And if all GR ballots automatically have a "do nothing" default option,
which they do, should clones of the "do nothing" option be permitted
onto the ballot by the Project Secretary?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more