Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Nov 2, 2003, at 02:45, Raul Miller wrote:

How is an amendment appearing on the ballot equivalent to a veto?

Because our voting system can only provide one winner, even when the options are orthogonal. So, a very popular option line "keep x86" effectively veto's a less popular (but still 3:1 supermajority) option.

Since our system can only provide 1 winner, I think that orthogonal options should not be allowed on the same ballot.