Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:33:11 -0500, Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> said:

> On Nov 1, 2003, at 20:09, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:58:40 -0500, Branden Robinson
>> <branden@debian.org> said:
>>
>>> I guess one function of this (sub-)thread is to try and spread the
>>> meme that proposing irrelevant amendments that an original GR
>>> proposer is a Bad Thing, and should be discouraged at the RFD
>>> stage, instead of us accepting as and article of faith that "the
>>> voting method will take care of it".  I am not convinced that our
>>> voting method will.
>>
>> I think that stifling solutions is way worse option. People should
>> be able to propose whatever solutions they think are best for the
>> situation at hand.
>>
>> Treat people like miscreants, and they shall behave as such.
>>
>> I think that this level of mistrust of ones fellow developer speaks
>> ill of us all.

> Branden essentially said "please don't propose non-germane
> amendments". And somehow that is "treat[ing] people like
> miscreants'?

	You should read. Branden has been consistent in asserting that
 there are antisocial elements who vote insincerely to defeat the
 progressive chang4es forward looking noble developers make, but are
 constantly on the verge of being defeatred by dastardly conservatives
 who would love to see debian ossified in the ways of the halcyon days
 of yore.

	manoj
--
It doesn't matter whether you win or lose -- until you lose.