Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 06:34:32PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	A supermajority requirement is a requirement for a rough
>  consensus. By putting  D ahead of the options you do not like, you
>  are effectively rejecting the possibility that that option could be a
>  valid solution to whatever we are voting for.  Vetoing solutions is
>  not a great way to achieve consensus; but consensus is not something
>  that can be forced.

Part of the point of this sub-thread is to determine whether or not
there is an effective veto power available to a much smaller minority of
the voters than was intended even by our supermajority requirements.

Hence "(Or: How You and Five of Your Friends Can Kill Any GR)".

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Lowery's Law:
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    If it jams -- force it.  If it