Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On 2003-10-31 06:17:28 +0000 Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> wrote:
1) Further clean up the software|work conflation, and replace 'run'
with 'use' or 'be used' and software with 'works' and/or 'software and
other works'

Using "software and other works" either has redundancy or apparently endorses the false assertion that software = programs. I suggest using works if we must change.

3) Commercial replaced with non-free, and deriviations allowed
broadened.

This seems a more substantive change than 2 and 4. What motivates it?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at