Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 06:51:55AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Thanks, that makes it really easier to read.  One problem does exist
> tho:  Your version still has a section 5, which is not in Branden's
> proposed new social contract.

Hmm, that might be a disagreement between browsers.  I have a <del>
tag around all of section 5, which causes it to be shown struck through
on my browser (Mozilla).  It might have been improper to put <del>
around a whole <li> that way.  I changed it by moving the deletions
inside the <p> elements, which (somewhat awkwardly) marks all the
text as deleted but not the list item itself.  How is it now?

(Purists can find the appropriate part of the HTML spec at
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/text.html#h-9.4
which does say that <ins> and <del> can be used as either inline
or block-level elements, depending on context.  Maybe <li> has
an odd status that prevents this use.)

Richard Braakman