Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On 2003-10-30 05:34:22 +0000 Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

While I share your wish that people would have a more closely-reasoned
understanding of the term "software", empirical evidence seems to
indicate that many people don't.  I feel we should route around this

Maybe you should write "all works in Debian" rather than "software and other works". The Debian distribution is necessarily all software, in my opinion, as you know.

Please break this amendment up.
Please see my reply to Bas Zoetekouw for why I don't want to do this.

I think other people have replied on this. Further, if you create orthogonal amendments, they could run as separate votes, unless I missed something.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at