Re: RFD: amendment of Debian Social Contract

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:44:11AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:25:28 -0500
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >      We promise to [-keep the-] {+preserve your right to freely use,
> >      modify, and distribute+} Debian [-GNU/Linux Distribution entirely
>

> I am opposed to the reference to Linux, surely we want the social
> contract to apply to any non-Linux based distributions as well, e.g.
> GNU/Hurd or any of the BSD kernels.

Did you see the "-" in front of the "[-GNU/Linux".  Branden's use of
wdiff may not be all that clear, but the "-" means subtract.  The "+"
means add.  In this case, you're supporting Branden's proposal.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/