Re: Final call for votes for the Condorcet/Cloneproof SSD voting methods GR

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:02:57 -0400, Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> said:

> [...]
Manoj> Hi, In a little under 24 hours from now, at the time of
Manoj> writing, the polls shall close for the voting GR. The quorum
Manoj> has already been met, if you are interested.

> Wait, I thought quorum only mattered for the following yes/no vote,
> not for the vote with the options.  OR am I misunderstanding the old
> procedure?

	What options?

	This is not the 3.1 vote, as I have stated before: this is a
 3.2 vote where I messed up the ballot, and did not include the no
 option.

	Given that there was an error in the ballot, the question is
 how best to recover from it. It is generally agreed that people who
 vote for the ballot would not have put No first, if the no option had
 been there; people who would have voted for no ahead of the yes
 option would choose the further discussion option.

	This means that votes in opposition to the gr may have been
 split between no and further discussion, at worst. But if the GR wins
 the super majority in any case, then the absence of the No option
 would not have changed the outcome.

	If that is the case, I am loth to toss this vote out.

	manoj
--
The CS Sage says: Seek new employment prior to the imposition of
performance penalties on your project.