Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:48:13AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >                With the relative order or rating of the other
> >                candidates unchanged, voting a candidate higher should
> >                never cause the candidate to lose, nor should voting a
> >                candidate lower ever cause the candidate to win.
>
> I think this is talking about changing an existing vote, not casting an
> extra one.

No.

You can submit a ballot which votes a candidate higher than the candidate
would have been ranked if you hadn't voted, without changing the relative
order or rating of any other candidates from how you would have ranked
them for if you hadn't voted.

Likewise, you can submit a ballot which votes a candidate lower than
the candidate would have been ranked if you hadn't voted at all, without
changing the relative order or rating of any of the other candidates...

--
Raul

P.S. I'm going to be busy for a while -- hopefully other people will
answer any other questions you have.