Re: The 'Debian Too' project

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 12:32:33PM -0700, Chris de Vidal wrote:
> --- Andrew Pimlott <andrew@pimlott.net> wrote:
> > I'm not sure why you mailed this to debian-vote
>
> Sorry, I scanned the large list of mailing lists and this seemed
> appropriate.

What? debian-vote is for things related to internal votes of the project
and discussion about the voting procedure. Your post is totally
off-topic here.

> Which would you recommend?

I would recommend reading the list archives of debian-devel and then
realizing that everything has been said already on this topic.

> > but you should take a look at the apt-src package for a start at
> > this.  I think other people are trying to make this happen, but I'm
> > sure they would like help!
>
> apt-src.  Groovy!
>
> I'm a sysadmin who can program a little.  I'd only hoped to spark a new concept
> so I don't know where I can help, but I'll certainly try.

You don't spark new concept by hopping on a random mailing-list
(apparently posting without ever having read a past posting) and
throwing in some buzzwords without a concept for something that has been
discussed to death already.

If you want to help, I propose getting familiar with apt-src and then
try to enhance it/fix bugs via the BTS.

Michael