Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

Raul Miller wrote:

> What Anthony is trying to point out, and what you're pretending to
> ignore, is that what "D wins" means is "no one wins, and the vote
> is thrown out".

no, this is not the same. one is a legitimate, binding vote with a real
bona fide winner. the other is a nullification.

> Since you perhaps haven't read Manoj's proposal well enough to
> see that this is the case: I challenge you to show any
> >>difference in outcome<< between these two circumstances.

easily: DPL elections. a thrown out and rescheduled DPL election is a
lot different from None of the Above winning.
    Debian Constitution (proposed) Section 5.2.7.

-john, who is supposed to be _enjoying_ this weekend.