Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

Hi,

Raul Miller wrote:
> You are arguing, I imagine, that [strictly speaking], "casting a vote
> which prefers option A over all other options" when compared to "not
> casting a ballot at all" is not an example of "voting the candidate
> higher"?

IMHO, that is exactly what it is an example of

Simple reasoning: "ranking all the options the same" has the same effect as
"not voting at all" WRT the outcome of the vote. Absent reasons to the
contrary, it therefore should also be considered equivalent WRT the
Monotonicity Criterion, or violation thereof, or lack thereof.

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de  |   smurf@smurf.noris.de
Disclaimer: Das Zitat wurde zufällig ausgewählt.  |   http://smurf.noris.de