Re: High Rate of ballot rejections this year

>> On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:21:33 +0100 (CET),
>> Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se> said:

 > Manoj Srivastava:
 >> Bottom line, so far there is no way to encrypt a ballot, and
 >> encrypting it to my key means it shan't get counted.

 > That statement sounds a bit harsh. That it *will* not get counted I
 > can live with, but that it *shall* not? Oh well. Maybe it's just
 > me.

	Why is it harsh? I certainly did not mean it to be. It was
 meant to be a statement of fact.

	But I think asking me to scp the message over to my house,
 putting it on removable media, cold booting my laptop to a lice cd;
 checking the message, manually editing the corresponding files on
 vote.debian.org, and making it impossible to do a vote recount as has
 been requested is something that should never be done, right?

	Just making it impossible to do a recount would be enough to
 justify not counting the vote, IMO.

 > Anyway, I just tried to send an unencrypted ballot, but I got a
 > similar rejection mail anyway. Weird. My locally stored copy looks
 > perfectly fine.

	Contact me offline with detailks, and we'll see what we can do.

	manoj
--
The vigor of civilized societies is preserved by the widespread sense
that high aims are worth-while.  Vigorous societies harbor a certain