Re: IRC Debate

On 3 Mar 2003 07:46:42 -0000
Moshe Zadka <m@moshez.org> wrote:
> As a candidate, I would like some idea of the format to better prepare
> myself. Such things as time per question, and number of ping-pongs
> (that is, e.g., could I reply to another candidate's reply to my
> answer, and so forth).
>
> Thanks in advance.

The details were omitted from the announcement deliberately, to keep it
short. The candidates (nor anybody else) weren't going to be kept in the
dark until the last minute :) That being said:

Each candidate will be given the same amount of time to answer each
question. The questions will be posed publicly, and the candidates will
respond privately. When a question's time limit has been reached, all
the candidates' answers will be displayed simultaneously. A short period
will be allowed for any candidates' rebuttals, after which
clarifications asked for by observers may be requested.

The time give for each question will, of course, be dependant upon the
question. A reasonable amount of time will be given in order to allow
for slow typists, but not so much that it slows down the process unduly.
(This is a judgement call.)

Lather, rinse, repeat.

When an observer wishes to ask for clarification of a particular point
or similar, they will be given voice in the moderated channel, so if a
(short) conversation between the observer and the candidate is
necessary, it can be accommodated.

Any suggestions are, of course, welcome :)