Re: General Resolution draft against spam.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 07:50:13AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On Thursday 17 October 2002 02:33, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 01:06:51AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >         I am against this proposal as well. W should not be making
> > >  things harder for legitimate users, treating them as acceptable
> > >  collateral damage in the war on spam. Spam filtering works; and people
> > >  who still have a problem should investigate
> > >  http://crm114.sourceforge.net/ for an excellent tool.
> >
> > Well, manoj, the only problem is that when you filter spam, you do it
> > after having paid for the download of the spam over a possibly slow and
> > expensive modem connection.
>
> now that all of the debian-* lists are being run through spamassassin your
> daily dose of canned meat should drop nicely.

Yes ....

(i did miss the announcement of that, only for the BTS).

BTW, i am not sure, but i think it should be possible to catch the spam
send to almost all debian lists, but which spamassassin does not know
about. It would need a caching of all the mail ids, and a checking for
duplicates, and if the same messages is sent to 6+ or something so
debian mailing lists, label it as spam ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther