Re: RFD: Reviving Constitutional amendment: Smith/Condorcet vote tallying

    Raul> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 01:47:35PM +1000, Anthony Towns

    Raul> "Dominates" invites non-technical comparisons between the
    Raul> proposed mechanism and the existing mechanism.  I'd like to
    Raul> avoid that term if possible.
Except that dominates is (if I understand correctly) the appropriate
term-of-art.  Being clear is important, but you should also be clear
to people who understand the technical properties of the discussion.
Iventing new terms or avoiding the use of well-established terms that
say what you mean tends to confuse technically minded people and leads
to incorrect text if you happen to get the definitions for your new
terms wrong.