Re: Election status

>>"Sven" == Sven  <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

 Sven> Well, i did not yet receive any kind of aknowledgement for my
 Sven> vote, but as i understood, it should contain some kind of id or
 Sven> something which i can use to check that the voting script did
 Sven> its job right.

	I suspect you have gotten the ack now.

 Sven> And the problem is not so much to check that there is not some
 Sven> evil intention on the vote-master's part or something such,
 Sven> just to check that the voting script did not misfire.

	And now you know what your vote was parsed to be.

 Sven> The difficulty is that we are speaking about id + vote + secret
 Sven> word, and that the way of concatenating them is not clear.

	And you also now know that the ack said specifically what
 command line to use:
  % echo "sven 0123456789ABCDE" | md5sum
 This instruction shall also be repeated on the final tally sheet.

 Sven> The main problem here is what exactly we are to md5sum, not the
 Sven> fact that we shall md5sum something.

	The main problem is that you are not giving anyone but
 yourself any credit for intelligence.

	manoj
--
 "I will make no bargains with terrorist hardware." Peter da Silva