Re: Trying to determin the Quorum

>>"Thomas" == Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

 Thomas> May I suggest that one of the Project Secretary's jobs should be to
 Thomas> maintain an accurate and up-to-date developers list.

	Why the secretary? Apart from votes, the secretary is not
 involved in adding or removing people from the project, and shall
 always have to rely on information provided by other people.

	Secondly. I do think the process used provides the canonical
 number of developers; it can be checked by anyone, and the same list
 is used to determine whether one is authorized to install packages
 into Debian.

 Thomas> There are various reasons (some of which you note) for why
 Thomas> the key ring is not an adequate list...

	I do think that the keyring is the only authoritative list of
 developers, as long as one eliminates duplicates, and LDAP does seem
 to provide an adequate means of doing so.

	manoj
--
 "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." Chesterton