Re: Questions for Raphael Hertzog.

Hi,

Le Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 11:23:42AM -0600, Steve Langasek écrivait:
> hard work to make them happen; and indeed, your biography shows that you
> have an impressive record of working hard to solve technical problems.

Thank you !

> Do you believe there are other, non-technical obstacles that prevent the
> implementation of a Debian "source forge" today?  In other words, how do
> you believe being DPL will help you achieve the goal of creating a
> source forge for Debian?

We need several things to make it happen :
- a new machine because all our machines are already quite heavy-loaded
  and wouldn't support sourceforge (and for obvious security reasons we
  need it to be apart from the others)
- someone hosting the machine
- someone who administers it. Roland Mas told me he is willing
  to do it.

Being DPL certainly helps to contact/convince sponsors. Otherwise it's
already doable. In fact most of my projects can be done without being
DPL. But being elected DPL helps since it shows that the projects are
supported by a great number of developers. And this legitimacy helps
you find people to work on them. That's exactly the meaning of
"leading" ... I tell you where I'd like us to go, if you agree you follow
me and you help me. :-)