Re: Questions for Raphael Hertzog.

Hi,

Le Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 07:11:34AM -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull écrivait:
> 1: 1.1 Sourceforge for Debian developers.
>     Have you considered other possibile names?
>
>     For what seem like obvious reasons (to me and a few others) it seems
>     like a bad idea to use the name.

Well, I used "sourceforge" because everyone knows what it is. But I
know that we should find a better name even if Sourceforge is not
a trademark (sourceforge.net is however afaik) to make it more obvious that
it's not at all related to the site that VA is running.

>     In addition a few other alternatives for the management software
>     should be considered before the sourceforge model is adopted.

I'm open for suggestions of course, but I choosed sourceforge
for several reasons :
- it's packaged within Debian; Roland Mas and Christian Bayle (who
  isn't yet an official developer) are doing a great job maintaining
  the package.
- sourceforge looks like the system that provides most of the
  features one could expect of such a software.

> 2: 1.9 CVS repository for debian directories
>     I think I can fit this to one very very simple question.
>
>     Have you ever used CVS for any length of time with others?

Yes I do. I use it within Debian for debian-cd (and various other
modules where I have contributed, including debian-installer and some
documentation). I also use it for the development of logidee-tools
and several private software/website.

However, we may want to evaluate arch and/or subversion before deciding
the tool we'll use for that particular project. Even better, we may want
to make it work with the three systems.