Re: The Debian vote taking machinery (Very Long)

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org> writes:

> I do not think you will have time to complete and test a new vote
> infrastructure in time (we did this last time, it sucked).

Having implemented a production voting system myself,(*) I suspect
you're right; Murphy's Law definitely applies in full force.  That
said, Manoj's system seems like a win in terms of maintainability, and
I wish him luck should he go through with it.

(*) For MIT's undergraduate student government, as a mod_perl script
under apache-ssl.  It initially used a Berkeley DB backend, but
locking issues (what else? ;-)) led me to switch to a full-fledged
PostgreSQL backend.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu for more info.