Re: my platform for Debian Project Leader

On 23-Feb-01, 05:02 (CST), Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> wrote:
> Can you explain why? Compare it for example with judges in (afaik) all
> legal systems. They are also not changed when the government changes
> after an election.

Actually, in Texas (and some other states, I believe), judges are an
elected position, so they do (possibly) change with the rest of the
government.

(Yes, it's a horrible way to select judges, subject to all the obvious
abuses that you might think of.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read