Re: Proposed General Resolution: IRC as a Debian communication channel

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>     Martin> * Debian can't treat valuable contributors like it's done actually on IRC.
>     Martin>   Kicking a person who naturally has its place within the developer's
>     Martin>   community (because of his interest and his work) is not reasonable.
>
>     Martin>   (Personal note: this kind of behavior gives Debian its bad image of a
>     Martin>    closed community preaching openness)

Just to make it clear, Manoj probably wrote that, not me.  Thank him.

>  Excellent.  I'll never forget the hurt feelings I experienced the day
>  I logged into #debian-devel and was greeted with something like "oh,
>  look, it's f**kwit", etc.  Should I name names?

Well... count the people who were always greeted with "hi" and never
offended with something in caps or similar...

Regards,

	Joey

--
Life is too short to run proprietary software.  -- Bdale Garbee