Re: [PROPOSED] Michael Bramer must stop spamming or be expelled

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> His mistake was in assuming people would not mind. Now that it has been
> pointed out that people do he should change his plans. If he does not,
> then he would be engaging in deliberate net-abuse.

The thing is, this is the second time people have told him to stop.  the first
time, he made it opt-out, and pre-seeded the database with some packages(based
on maintainers who were upset).  However, it was still opt-out, and still
sending mails.

How many times do you get to break the rule, before the law gets laid down?

> If I hear reports of that, then I will have a discussion with him, and
> likely require that he cease sending all mails until the techincal issues
> are worked out. In this case, if he refuses he will face suspension.

You should already be having a 'discussion' with him.

> [1] I had the DMUP written after an incident that resulted in the
> expulsion of a developer. I hoped it would remind new and existing
> developers that our machines are not their personal playground.
> At it's inception, and even now, I feel it's only use is for suspension
> and expulsion.

Maybe the DMUP is not precise enough?