Re: Vote Tallied

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 01:34:53PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 12:20:14PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > how can we know it is wrong (well know for sure, as different from having the
> > suspision ?)
(writing this last but...)  The fact the the number of characters do not
match the number of choices.

> > if the ballot is listed as 1234 for example, does this correspond to voting
> > for all 4 candidates and not having filled the further discution, or does it
> > correspond to having voted for everyone except the first candidate.
> >
> > Or should it have been a ballot of -1234 or 1234- ?
> >
> > Anyway, i guess my ballot was also wrongly acounted, but i will wait for the
> > second confirmation now, ...
>
> Any confirmation that doesn't have five positions is tallied incorrectly.
>
> In retrospect, I should have used A, B, C, D, and E for the ballot
> options.  For the purpose of an example, let's assume that I had.
I acutally hope not.  I tried pretty hard to make the description choices
transparent.

> If you voted ACED (A first, C second, E third, D fourth) on an ABCDE
> ballot, your confirmation should say:
>
> 1-243
>
> That is, the numbers indicate your ranking of each option, with
> options indicated by position.
Right.. so in Sven's question..  there was nothing signifying the blank
vote.  -1234 or 1234- would be necessary.