Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 10:31:00PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> html2latex                Convert HTML markup to LaTeX markup
>
> 	Hrm, I don't actually use this.  I should probably remove it.  The
> 	license is quite definitely non-free.  Can someone suggest
> 	alternatives?  We could also attempt contacting the author, Nathan
> 	Torkington.  It was copyrighted 7 years ago, and the profile of
> 	free licensing has risen considerably since then.

Well, you could try out hevea, it is in main (at least in unstable) and should
do what you like :

 Package: hevea
 Version: 1.05-4+png
 Section: tex
  HeVeA is a LaTeX to HTML translator. Its remarkable features are
   - It produces good output. By default (can be turned off) it uses the
     symbol face for math symbols. Either way it usually avoids generating
     zillions of picture files.
   - It is highly configurable through (La)TeX macros. Though aimed at
     LaTeX input it understands a fair subset of TeX' macro language.
   - It runs fast.
  This version of HeVeA is patched to generate by default PNG picture
  files instead of GIF.
  .
  See also http://para.inria.fr/~maranget/hevea/index.html.

Friendly,