Re: Some questions for the DPL candidates

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 10:31:00PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> >  * What do you think will be the three major problems Debian will face
> >    over the next year or two?
>
> * version skew between our many supported architectures hamstringing our
>   package pools

a) Testing ensures that we can release with little or no version skew
b) Your assertion makes it appear as if the architectures are at fault,
   when in fact 95% of the time (I have stats) build failures are due to
   the package, and not specific to an arch.

The other 5% can be due to toolchain issues, or just plain old oddities
in our complex dist that requires the buildd operator to actually
manually build the package (IOW, no bug at all, just a manual build).