Re: A rebuttal (was: Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free)

grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) writes:

> ** On Jun 13, John Goerzen scribbled:
>
> [snip]
> > > facts I outlined are true, then the GR doesn't make sense at all! ANd that's
> >
> > Why?  Why does it not make sense to remove the non-free software from
> > the Debian Project?
> Because many developers and users think and have written so that it would be
> harmful from the technical point of view. And that, in turn, would hurt the
> Debian Project.

Just because people have written something does not make it so.  I
don't expect people to take what I write on face value; I see no
reason why I should automatically accept that everything somebody on
your side of the argument writes must automatically be correct.

I think and have written that it would not be harmful from the
technical point of view.  I guess the fact that I think and write this
automatically makes me correct?

Please.  I'm not correct simply because I had an idea.  Whether or not
I am correct depends on more substantial analysis.

-- John