Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

* Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> [001026 01:49]:
> There is even a package which i packaged and use personnaly, the author gave
> its ok to it, but was rejected (even in non-free) due to obscure wording in
> the licence. The author don't respond anymore to my mails, so i let it be.

One thing to keep in mind -- a program cannot get into main by
specifying that Debian is allowed to distribute the software under a
free clause. So, a software author granting Debian permission to break
the rules of the license agreement, will not allow Debian to put the
software into the main distribution. Only if the software falls under
the DFSG for *everyone* will Debian allow it into main.

Which means programs such as qmail won't make it into Debian main any
time soon. <shrug>

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''