Re: Various Branden posts

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 08:31:06AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > Are you suggesting the Debian website maintainers made it up out of
> > whole cloth?
>
> That was a possibility, I suppose.
[...]
> I'm saying that this "Ian Jackson is the chairman" thing came from
> someplace else.

This thread is getting boring... I checked the CVS log/diffs to verify what
happened here.

Initially the web page for maintainer contacts didn't include any
information on the Technical Committee members. Darren added a list on
December 5th 1998, without listing the chairman (to be exact, it said "???"
was the chairman). I changed it to list IWJ as chairman on February 19th
2000. Not sure why exactly why I made that mistake, but nobody who knew he
wasn't the chairman noticed it. I fixed the error immediately after it was
reported, a few days ago.

OK? :)