Various Branden posts

> > I don't know where this came from.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 01:25:02AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> He told you. It came from <http://www.debian.org/intro/organization>.

Are you suggesting that the information didn't come from anywhere prior
to appearing on that page?

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 01:28:39AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> When the antagonists have arranged themselves, are sick of arguing,
> have issues the CFV's per the Constitution, and are simply waiting for
> the Project Secretary to issue a ballot so they can vote?

Good question.

I posted to debian-vote, months ago, that I didn't think that the GR
had a constitutional basis.  [It's probably too much to ask that you go
look it up, so: my personal belief is that the social contract is more
than just a document -- it also represents an agreement between us and
our users.  The constitution currently leaves the responsibility for
changing agreements up to our leader.]

If "the antagonists" can "arrange themselves" without addressing
that issue, well, I guess I think that it's an excellent thing that
they're sick of arguing.

> Did you even bother to read my message about why the proposals should
> be regarded as expired?

Yep.  I think you had an excellent point, there.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 01:31:38AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Because either:
>
> A) they have been doing nothing at all, or;
> B) they would rather act out of public view, thank you very much

Close.

The committee hasn't been acting as a committee, because we haven't seen
the need.  We have been acting as individuals.

I know that I, personally, have done a few things to keep issues from
getting to the point where the committee would have to act on them.
[This was in public view, but I didn't do anything in particular to call
attention to them.]

> Maybe both? After all, this is the committee that can't even see fit
> to report the identities of its chairman or membership accurately on
> the Debian website.

Eh?  Now you're saying that the information on that web page came
from the committee?

--
Raul