Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

Sven LUTHER <luther@debian.org> writes:

> I think i agree with you in principle, but what do you propose to do with the
> non-free packages ? just remove them from debian disks ?

They are not on the Debian disks now.

> What will happen to them, would they still be able to use the BTS for their
> packages ? Or should they make provision for having their own apt-gettable
> repository for people to download. I think not everyone has the ressources to
> do that.

I'm sure there is a great number of people out there who love non-free
software so much that they would happily keep a repository alive.

> If that will happen, the non-free packages will not have the
> guarantee of quality that they have now, and this will result in
> people downloading non-free packages from who knows where and may
> causes bugs, security problems, name space clashes, policy
> violation, etc ...

We already have all those problems because of non-free.  The only
program on my system that does not more or less always function nicely
and reliably is Netscape.