Re: PROPOSED: [CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT] Alternate disambiguation of 4.1.5

>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 Branden> Yes.  As you can see they are not "opposite" in any sense.
 Branden> Both would permit non-technical documents to be explicitly
 Branden> modified and withdrawn.

 Branden> Manoj's further creates a class of non-technical documents
 Branden> that receive special treatment.  I see no reason this can't
 Branden> be proposed and voted on separately, for the reasons I
 Branden> provided in my rationale statment.

	Actually, I do see a reason. There is a difference between a
 superset and the same wqith addons: the difference between the
 proposals may cover material that is deemed critical by the proponets
 of the superset.

	Indeed, given a choice of my proposal, doing nothing, and your
 proposal, that would be my ordering. In other words, I would prefer
 the flaw of not allowing any changes to non technical documents to
 allowing the changes without the protection of a supermajority to
 Documets IO believe are more critical to the core of the project than
 the constitution itself.

	So yes, I would prefer that we vote on the superset first; (if
 you think that is is a strict superset, and fully contains your
 proposal, you should have no objections, right? ;-), since if the
 superset passes the subset has passed too, and you have achieved your
 goal).

	Frankly, I don't think my proposal is really a superset.

	manoj
--
 Life being what it is, one dreams of revenge. Paul Gauguin