Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

jordi@debian.org (Jordi Mallach)  wrote on 30.09.00 in <20000930162356.F639@sindominio.net>:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 07:57:32AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >  Joseph> I think I would be disappointed if the vote was
> >  Joseph> overwhelmingly against as the (seemingly largely uninformed)
> > 	Ah yes, the public disagrees with me, so it must be the
> >  uninformed, unwashed masses who don't know what's good for them. Can
> >  you feel the cedibility dropping?
>
> No. There's nothing wrong if someone feels dissapointed if "no" wins by 80%.
> It would mean that a brutal majority of the Debian developers care little
> about the politics of the Project. I would not find that result very
> amusing, that's for sure.

Bullshit, and insulting bullshit at that.

Or to put it another way, I could with exactly equal justification claim
that 80% yes showed "that a brutal majority of the Debian developers care
little about the politics of the Project".

Only an utter idiot would assume that having a political opinion could
possibly be equivalent with not having a political opinion, just because
it's not *his* opinion.

MfG Kai