Non-free archive (Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure)

No, I don't think this GR would take us greatly to our goal.

In <14806.836.400526.470133@rapun.sel.cam.ac.uk>,
 on "Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:14:12 +0100 (BST)",
 with "Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure",
  Matthew Vernon <matthew@sel.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Alternatively, that they care deeply about the politics of the Project
> but feel they would be poorly served by this GR.

I think that we should not remove the non-free archive, even when it has
no packages.  The empty archive will show the fact that we will not need
any non-free software at all to the world, when our goal is achieved.

So, if you believe a specific software in non-free archive is of no use
now, then feel free to file a report to that package and ftp.debian.org
in order to get rid of that software.  But removing non-free archive is
not the way to go.  It will just show the Debian project does not have
faith on the free softwares, because it means we don't believe that the
free softwares can provide eventually all the functions which is provided
now by non-free softwares, and that the Debian project think that the
non-free archive will not be empty forever.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>