Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 02:04:19AM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Show me where in the constitution it says that votes should be broken in
> half and that ammendments may be voted on before the ballot for the
> proposal they are attached to is posted.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at there, but it sounds to me
like:

  A.3. Voting procedure

    1. Each independent set of related amendments is voted on in a
       separate ballot. Each such ballot has as options all the sensible
       combinations of amendments and options, and an option Further
       Discussion. If Further Discussion wins then the entire resolution
       procedure is set back to the start of the discussion period. No
       quorum is required for an amendment.
    2. When the final form of the resolution has been determined it is
       voted on in a final ballot, in which the options are Yes, No and
       Further Discussion. If Further Discussion wins then the entire
       procedure is set back to the start of the discussion period.

ie: given an proposal and a controversial amendment, we first vote on what
the final form of the ballot should take, then vote on the final ballot.
Which is what we're doing.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark