Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 01:12:42AM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I would reasonably assume (obviously a mistake when dealing with
> bureacracies) that if the secretary needs to make a decision, they
> should interpret the constitution, not throw it out and do whatever
> the hell they want.

I'm not sure what you're saying here:

[1] That his interpretation wasn't shared by anyone else?

If so, here's a counter-example:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote-0006/msg00080.html

[2] That he doesn't have the right to split the voting into
two votes?

If so, here's from the concorde voting procedure:

    3. The person who calls for a vote states what they believe the
       wordings of the resolution and any relevant amendments are, and
       consequently what form the ballot should take. However, the final
       decision on the form of ballot(s) is the Secretary's - see 7.1(1),
       7.1(3) and A.3(6).

[3] Something else?

If so, please be more specific.

--