Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 12:22:58PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> The Secretary has advanced a document outlining his plans and opinion
> for conducting a vote on GR 8, advanced by myself.  His plans rest in
> incorrect premises and draw incorrect conclusions.

Ok, now that people have pointed out that, in this case (modifying
the social contract):

[1] the constitution doesn't explicit specify what should happen,
and thus
[2] the secretary has the authority to interpret what the constitution
means

what are you going to do?  [apologize? pursue this, further? ignore
the discussion?]

[Personally, I think his judgement call (the vote involves two different
quorums so must be administered as two votes) was reasonable.]

Thanks,

--
Raul