Re: CFV: Non-free archive removal

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 05:56:37PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Steve Greenland wrote:
> >     5.Issue nontechnical policy documents and statements.
>
> Issue, but doesn't say a thing about modifying preexisting documents and
> statements.

precisely. if we end up deciding that these founding documents may
actually be changed, there's also the issue of HOW they may be changed.
given that they are at least as important (far more so, IMO) than the
constitution, the same standard should be applied to them as to the
consitution....i.e. a 3:1 supermajority (or is it 2:1? i can't recall at
the moment).

lets sort that out and clarify the constitutional issues before
proceeding with a vote which may be (and almost certainly is)
constitutionally invalid.

craig

--
craig sanders