Re: Formal CFV: General Resolution to Abolish Non-Free

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 11:03:33PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> DEBIAN GENERAL RESOLUTION
>
> Proposed by: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
> Seconds:     Stephen R. Gore <sgore@debian.org>
>              Jim Lynch <jim@laney.edu>
>              Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
>              Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>
>              Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>
>              Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu>
>              Per Lundberg <plundis@chaosdev.org>
>
> Having met the requirement for introduction, this is a formal call for
> votes as per section 4.2.1 of the Debian Constitution.

Incorrect.  Please see the first line of the second paragraph at
http://vote.debian.org/howto_proposal.

(John, this is not directed at you but since this going to public lists and
many people on one of these public lists have problems thinking before flaming)
This web page has been up almost as long as the constitution and can also be
seen at http://www.debian.org/vote/howto_proposal.

Also, this is NOT written specificly in the constitution but is a
proceedural issue that IS covered in section 4.2.5 of the constitution.