Debian Leadership Debate
Everyone now agrees, the Leadership Debate will be held at:
6am +1100 (sorry .au folks)
On Tuesday, Feb. 15. Rob Levin from Linux Care will be moderating.
It will be held on irc.debian.org on channel #debian-debate. The
debate will have the following format:
* 24 hours before the debate each of the candiates will email me their
'opening speech'. I will take all the speeches and place them onto
the web site at the same time. The candidates and general body can read
them then. This will be done at once to advoid giving any candidate an
* The actual debate will have two parts, a strongly moderated traditional
debate that goes like this:
1) The moderator will ask the candiate a question, the candidate will
then have a reasonable period to responed.
2) After the response each of the other candidates will respond in
3) The first candidate will get to make closing remarks on the
Each candidate will be asked 3-4 questions (~12 in total) in this
* Audience/developer questions will be asked of the candidates to answer
'free style'. Each candidate will get a short period to respond.
The Debate topics have been pretty much set now, just some fine tuning is
required. Each of the 4 candidates will be attending. If you have some
questions for the end part email them to email@example.com
Pretty HTMLized versions of the results will be posted to the web site
after, and I think linux.com will be doing personal interviews of each of
the 4 candiates.